Sunday, December 21, 2014

Enlarge and Gather: Our 2 words for 2014 that God is making true:)


So a dear friend and fellow RR mom, Lisa, encouraged her friends last year to ask the Lord for a word(s) that He would want to declare and speak over each family in the coming year. So I wanted to take the challenge! I asked the Lord and one verse was on my mind constantly for weeks. It was the following:

     Isaiah 54:2-4

  " Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities. Do not be afraid, you will not suffer shame, do not fear disgrace;you will not be humiliated."


So I knew one of my words was "enlarge". I knew that God wanted to enlarge our lives in certain ways. I was not sure if we would go back and adopt at that point, but it was certainly the most obvious way I thought we may "enlarge". However, God's ways surprise us sometimes, and so I was guessing myself what this could be.

The second word I felt in my heart was "gather". And this was my entry on January 15, 2014.

        "GATHER- Jesus, gather what? gather who? gather where? when, how? Your thoughts?"

I sincerely was at a loss for "gather". But I really felt it on my heart, and so I trusted God would help me figure it out as we went.

Tonight I have been reflecting over this entry. It made me smile. I showed it to my husband and he said I should write a blog post about it. About God's plans that were put into place before we understood. Because, YOU KNOW WHAT? We are enlarging! We are gathering! God has put us on a journey to go and gather more sweet beautiful children and bring them into a FAMILY! His words to us are more relevant now in so many ways. He has been preparing us and teaching us how to trust.

Isaiah 43:5 says " Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will your children from the east and gather you from the west.

He who called us is faithful!

Thank you for walking with us,
Monica:)




No comments:

Post a Comment